Group based services
Learning Language and Loving It™ – The Hanen Program® for Early Childhood Educators
Learning Language and Loving It (LLLI) is part of a suite of programs developed by the Hanen Centre to promote children’s language and literacy development. It is designed to teach early childhood educators practical strategies for helping children build language and social skills, regardless of their learning and communication styles (including children with a learning delay and/or disability).
It builds on the principles of interactive language stimulation, supporting educators to use naturalistic interaction strategies that are associated with accelerated language development.
The Learning Language and Loving It Program was designed to provide early childhood educators with practical strategies for helping all children in the classroom build language and social skills, no matter what their learning and communication styles are, and even if they have special needs.
The Learning Language and Loving It Program provides you with practical, research-based strategies for:
- Promoting every child’s language development using natural everyday activities, routines and play
- Becoming attuned to children’s interests so you can follow their lead, which is known to foster language development
- Adjusting the way you talk to help children develop more advanced language skills
- Promoting interaction among the children themselves
- Facilitating language-learning in pretend play
- Fostering emergent literacy skills
- Online delivery of training by a certified speech pathologist of up to 20 educators (both teachers and teacher’s aids) at a time that works for each individual school.
- 5-8 intensive group training sessions (15-20 hours) in which you learn through a variety of media and by interacting with your fellow educators;
- 4-6 individual videotaping and feedback sessions for each educator (educators’ interactions with children are videotaped by and reviewed with the group leader); and
- User-friendly resources to support your learning.
Download a detailed summary supporting the Learning Language and Loving It Program.